Tuesday 23 May 2017

Some updates

Hello, I hope that everybody enjoyed their long weekend!

There will be a couple of tests and quizzes this week: On Thursday we will have a math test on our measurement unit. I will be testing students on their ability to measure lengths using standard (cm) and non standard (blocks) units, as well as testing their knowledge on area and perimeter. On Friday we will have a short spelling test on our word wall words (I will pick just 10).

This week is the LAST week for students to check out books from the school Library. Since we missed Monday's visit this week, I will be taking the class tomorrow (Wednesday) to pick out books. I have sent home a note in your child's mailbag for anyone who didn't bring back their book today. If you can please send it to school tomorrow with your child so they may pick a book one last time for the school year, that would be fantastic :)

I am now on Twitter! I will be using twitter as another social media platform to display what our class is doing while at the same time connecting with many different educators. I will be posting updates of our class, as well as tweeting/retweeting any useful information that I find. You are more than welcome to follow me:  @MrsMillerOCSB  . You can also find my twitter posts on the blog, they will be located on the right side of the main blog page underneath the "Important Dates" section.

Summer weather is finally here! Unfortunately that means some hot days ahead in our classroom. Please make sure to send your child with water bottles on the hot days to help keep them hydrated. Don't forget the sunscreen as well! We were SO fortunate to have Mrs. Bennet offer us her classroom for last block last Thursday when our classroom because pretty hot! I will ensure to find some cool places to work inside of the main school building when temperatures are high in the port-a-pack.

Cooling off and working hard last Thursday in Mrs. Bennet's classroom

Enjoy the wonderful weather :) And GO SENS GO!

    Mrs. Miller 

No comments:

Post a Comment